TERMS & CONDITIONS
By purchasing products or services from The Marketing Dept D/B/A of K Squared Creative, Inc., the client accepts and agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- It is The Marketing Dept policy that all flat rate projects/services under $1000 are to be paid in advance. Projects/Services over $1000 require a minimum 50% deposit. Products/services requiring 3rd party payment such as printing must be paid fully in advance. Payment is accepted online via credit card. Check payments should be made to K Squared Creative, Inc. No work will begin until the quote is approved, and invoice/deposit is paid via credit or check and payment has cleared.
- No refunds. Any unused balance from cancelled projects will result in a credit to your account to be used for future projects.
- Failure to respond to requests from The Marketing Dept for information and approvals within 30 days may result in the project being moved to on hold status. A reactivation fee will be required to open the project.
- Flat rate design services include 1 revision (unless otherwise noted) and additional revisions are subject to The Marketing Dept’s standard hourly rates billed in 1/4-hour increments with a minimum charge of 1/2 hour unless other rates have been negotiated. Outstanding balances must be paid before additional revisions are started.
- No new projects will be started with an unpaid balance of more than 30 days.
- Printing services are not included in design fees unless otherwise noted. Discounted printing services are available through The Marketing Dept’s verified partners and must be paid for separately in advance.
- Expedited orders on flat rate projects may be subject to a rush fee of up to 50%. The Marketing Dept will notify the client before work begins if this applies to an order.
- Fees for retainer clients are due on the same day each month according to the beginning date of their contract with a 3 days grace period for dates that fall on a weekend.
- Retainer clients may terminate their contract with written notice 30 days in advance of their next billing date. Written notice may be provided via email and requires receipt confirmation from email@example.com
- Hourly rates are subject to change without notice. Current rates are available upon request from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subscription service fees are subject to change with 30 days notice and may be cancelled by either party with 30 days notice.
- The Marketing Dept will not share any proprietary/confidential information/knowledge at any time and will not use such information for personal gain, even after our professional relationship is severed.
- Once paid for, the client own the rights to all of the work completed on their behalf with the exception of pre-developed templates, single-use royalty free stock photography, and the common code/structure of website development.
- Neither The Marketing Dept nor the client is liable to the other for damages/loss of revenue/fines resulting from any part of our agreement including but not limited to lost business, cost of delay, errors and omissions, or failure of delivery.
- The Marketing Dept’s workmanship warranty is void if any portion of the file(s) is/are edited by any party outside The Marketing Dept. File repair is billed at our standard rate and billed in 1/2 hr increments.
- The Marketing Dept is not responsible for the work of 3rd party vendors including but not limited to printing services and website hosting.
- Website warranties are valid for 30 days post launch and will continue with the purchase of a maintenance plan. If the client choose to self-maintain their site, The Marketing Dept can no longer be held responsible.
- If there is any dispute of this contract, both parties agree to mediation in the state of Georgia, Atlanta/Fulton County. If it is deemed that any part of this contract is unenforceable, the remainder of the contract will remain valid.
Last updated 6/22/2021